Friday, January 27, 2012

Au Pays du Citron

When Oren first told me, I found it strange that Menton has a Lemon Festival.  Then I arrived, and I realized that citrus (lemons and oranges predominate, from what I've seen) is everywhere.  Here are just a few photographic examples of citrus in the life quotidienne de Menton.

 


Also, a note about the trees on the Menton streets.  While the fruits have orange rinds, they taste like lemons.  No one I've talked to really knows what they are.


There are even stores devoted to citrus!  This one (below) is a particularly cute example, but they're everywhere.

And of course, what good would it be to have citrus trees everywhere if we didn't pluck them?

Maryam stealing a lemon after getting back from Nice
I can't wait to see what it looks like when the Lemon Festival actually starts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment