Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pour les Filles: Mes Achats de Nice

As I mentioned, Nice was pretty much just a shopping trip.  I didn't go crazy, but I found two things I liked.

Wool socks:
I felt like Dumbledore, when he tells Harry that all he wants for Christmas is a pair of nice, thick, wool socks.  Of course he was lying, but there really is something wonderfully cozy and wintery about wool socks.  I was kind of wishing for winter weather, since I missed the snow back in the States, and Menton is much warmer than I'm used to during the winter.

These actually come up to just under my knees, and I really liked the pattern.  They turned out to be a good choice--you'll see them in my pictures from Torino.  That whole "in the mood for winter" idea came to fruition this weekend.
The funny thing is that I got the socks from H&M.  It's a little silly, that I'm all the way over here in Europe, and I went shopping at H&M.  I like to think they have better items in Europe... (cognitive dissonance?)

On a bit of a random note, did you know that H&M stands for Hennes & Mauritz?  I didn't actually find that out this trip, I saw it spelled out once on an H&M in Switzerland.



The second item is this blue and white striped shirt from Le Petit Bateau.  The picture is on our balcony, taken by my roommate Anaïs while we were enjoying the sun out there.
Anaïs found the shirt highly amusing, because she has one almost identical to it.  Hers is even from Le Petit Bateau too!  I'd been looking for a shirt of this style, and I really like the rather heavy weight of the fabric.  I must confess, it didn't hurt that Garance Doré recently did an ad campaign for the company. If any contemporary figure epitomizes carelessly chic French style, it's her.

It's great to be in France during the sale seasons, les soldes, although I've learned to not put too much stock in it.  Mostly because I always seem to be here during les soldes, so it seems like they happen all the time.  If only!

No comments:

Post a Comment